Custom Search

Monday, July 28, 2008

Como Street Century



This was not a big week for mileage as I didn't have that many opportunities to ride. I was just shy of 200 miles for the week. On Saturday went out for an easy 40 miler and enjoyed thoroughly.

On Sunday I did the ride above. It was the first time I tried this loop and I think I will include it in my repertoire. I left my home and got about 32 miles 1,800 feet of gain before joining the Como Street ride. Como Street is a fast paced ride about 35 miles and 2,000 feet of climbing. A lot of local pros show up and keep the pace high. It was fun to run into people I know from the local racing circuit. I ran into Kristy, Ethan, Patrick and Sean. I did get dropped but I might be able to hang on as the months go by. Then it was back to Huntington Beach in reverse.

It is 100 miles with 5800 feet of climbing with a really good fast paced section in the middle. It's a winner.

1 comment:

  1. Slacker. If you had followed my well planned route, you could have added more mileage and climbing. ;)

    Just kidding. :) Great century, I'll have to try it in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete