Custom Search

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ON MY COMMUTE...

So another installment of On My Commute...

Today as I was commuting home from work I met two people. The first was Brett, a transplant from Colorado. A freelance writer of skiing sports. New to riding and having a good time enjoying the weather. I hope she stops in the shop and we can spend some time getting to know each other. Welcome to Encinitas Brett.

The second was a 58 year old commuter, Bob. We met on the north end of Newport Beach in an area called Mariner's Mile. Turns out Bob has been commuting for two years rain or shine, winter or summer although he admits not in a downpour. In talking to him he told me his commute was 26 miles each way and he does it five times a week. And here's some more good stuff-- he has lost 40 lbs in the process. You gotta love that!!! Keep on truckin' Bob!!!

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG! AND DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT OTHER INSTALLMENTS OF ON MY COMMUTE

5 comments:

  1. Hi George - Great meeting up with you tonight. My commute is nothing compared to what you do. I am sure that we will run into one another again on the road. I also like to get out on Saturday,s and ride to Dana Point or Laguna just for fun. Look forward to seeing you on the road. Ride Safe! - Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flatman used to be one of my commenters...how did YOU end up stealing him? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Bob it was a pleasure meeting you. Along with all the other commuters out there. I hope to meet you someday ON MY COMMUTE...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandy--- Maybe I am just borrowing or maybe you are a blog slacker.

    ReplyDelete