Custom Search

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How Far is 509.5 miles?

This year's Furnace Creek 508 was 509.5 miles. So just for fun I thought I would look at just a few cities and see how they are from each other. I hope you find this fun and interesting. Keep in mind that my race had an enormous amount of climbing and traversed the Mojave and Death Valley deserts. Ok here goes..


SEATTLE TO YREKA




TERRE HAUTE TO ATLANTA



PROVIDENCE TO RICHMOND



PORTLAND TO DAVIS




DENVER TO GRANT




LAS VEGAS TO GRAND JUNCTION



MIAMI TO HILTON HEAD ISLAND




NEW YORK CITY TO RALEIGH



SAN DIEGO TO SACRAMENTO



PARIS TO MILANO



PORTSMOUTH TO DUNDEE



Why don't you check from your hometown how far you would get if you drove 509.5 miles away?

4 comments:

  1. That's just wrong. ;-) Seriously, that's freakin' far! By the way, do you nap at any point during the ride or just power through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far would you get if you drove 509.5 miles from your hometown?

    m.e. I didn't nap at all. You have to keep the wheels rolling. I stop strategically a few times to eat. I wanted the 10-15 min rest while eating.

    I was determined to break 40 hours and that meant keep the wheels rolling. I also knew that my speed would continue to drop as the course went on so I kept the press on.

    I'll be posting more stuff today stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now you really have my respect. Honestly, I don't know how you do that. I know you work your tail off training for this event, but still! As for 509.5 miles from my hometown - darling, my hometown is like all of two miles. We're talking a trek halfway across the state of TN! ;-)

    Oh, and I wonder if a certain brunette is going to be setting her sights on 508 next year...hmmm?

    Just seems inevitable!

    I look forward to more good reading today!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope...not yet honey! George needs to bag five to get into the Hall of Fame, then it's my turn. :) Two more years of crewing for me before I give it a go, then George gets to sit in the van!

    ReplyDelete