Custom Search

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Trans Iowa Countdown...





This time next week I will be on an airplane flying to Des Moines, Iowa for my Trans Iowa Epic Adventure. I'm excited to meet new people and in particular my host. My fitness is where I would like it to be in April. I missed my November December months of winter base building due to a fractured thumb but I feel good nonetheless. I don't want to feel too good yet since we have such a long season here in Southern California.

My goal event for the year is in October, the Furnace Creek 508. The key to a successful season here in SoCal is to not burn-out in the early season and either over-train or loose focus for late season events.

Now even though my fitness is good I woke up on Tuesday with a sore throat. I wrecked my body last week with lack of sleep leading into the weekend, then Big Bear ride on the Fixed Gear on Saturday, and followed by 200km on Sunday. I also haven't been sleeping soundly. The combination of all of that has made me susceptible to whatever virus/bacteria I was already harboring. So I have to rest rest and more rest and try to kick this thing in the next week.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, George. I can't wait to read the ride report for your upcoming epic adventure (and see the pics). Take care and get better...and, yes, rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. M.E. it will be and Epic Adventure. However, if it's raining there won't be too much picture taking.

    ReplyDelete