Custom Search

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Got a new jersey...

A quick shout-out to my friend in Omaha, Nebraska who hooked me up with a new jersey.

I commuted today. I've picked up a lot of new readers so for you that have been with me a while allow me to give the headlines about my commute to the new readers.

I commute 65 miles one way from Encinitas to Huntington Beach. Sometimes I take the train part of the way. sometimes I do both full commutes each way for 130 miles, 8 hours on the bike for the day broken up in the middle by an 8 hour work day. Sometimes on my night time commute I add extra loops to bring up the mileage to 69, or 86 miles.

I did only one leg of the commute today, the northbound one. I have been sick since getting back from Trans Iowa. My recovery was pitiful. Beginning with saying up all day Sunday (until 10ish pm) to disassemble Buckshot77's bike, and then Monday I couldn't get to bed early either. By Tuesday I was back to work dragging. Over the next few days I fought off a cold and it finally got me. I have been sick for three (3) weeks. IT SUCKS BIG TIME!!

Here is a picture of my new jersey. Thank you Sushijoe!!


4 comments:

  1. That's a good lookin' jersey GV! Whoever sent that to you obviously has good taste in bike gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes as a matter of fact several people commented on it-- including Brandy. We're dorks so someday we'll have to have matching jerseys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. George, what is your typical milage for a week? Just wondering.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave,

    Thank you for reading my blog.

    As with all questions regarding to training "it depends" lol!

    Some weeks it's more about elevation gain, some weeks more about intensity and some weeks more about volume and it will depend on where I am in the season and which race I am preparing for.

    Generally speaking maintenance weeks I like to get about 200 miles, building endurance weeks as much as 350 miles. Recovery weeks less than 100 miles.

    Thank you for you question. I will make a entry of my monthly totals sometime this weekend. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete