Custom Search

Monday, July 13, 2009

A weekend of climbing in the San Gabriel Mountains

I spent Saturday and Sunday climbing in the San Gabriel Mountains. It was great to be out in the mountains again. The climbing was intense. I feel fatigued and sore but "it's good pain".

Sunday concluded a five day training block which included commuting with various intervals and back to back climbing "centuries" (Sunday's was a little shy).

Wed pm 65 miles
Thurs am 30 miles pm 65 miles
Friday am 30 miles recovery
Saturday 100 miles with 11,280 feet of gain
Sunday 85 miles with 10,600 feet of gain

for a total of 375 miles and 26,380 feet of gain.

CLICK HERE FOR A WRITE UP ON THE TWO "CENTURIES"

WHEW! I AM READY FOR A REST DAY.




^^ SATURDAY 100 MILES 11,280 FEET OF GAIN




^^ SATURDAY DETAIL OF FIRST 67 MILES WITH 10,000 FEET OF GAIN



^^ SUNDAY 85 MILES WITH 10,600 FEET OF GAIN

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you need a rest day! I can't imagine climbing in that heat. Mountain goat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you LADaze I wish I could be mountain goat. LOL!

    It was hot! My computer said 97F. Yuck!!! But suffering in the heat strengthens me mentally. Not to mention my commute is fairly flat only 2,000 feet in 65 miles. I need to ramp up my climbing.

    Ahem....when are you going to starting riding again? (runs and hides)

    ReplyDelete