Custom Search

Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm a destination runner

I realized or rather confirmed that I just can't run for time. I went out for a run today. As part of my plan to increase my mileage slowly I was scheduled to run 30 minutes. But once I got out on the road I needed some thing or some place tangible to feel satisfied with my run. 15 minutes into my run I was half-way between cross-streets. At that point felt like I hadn't "gone" anywhere. I decided to run to the beach and ended up with 46 minutes and 5.2 miles.

As far as aches and pains my cardiovascular fitness is good. My left Achilles tendon started to hurt 15 minutes into the run and my right Achilles started to hurt about 30 minutes into the run. Let's hope over time those things toughen up and those pains go away. In the meantime, I will put on my Skins Recovery Tights-- I've got a long day on my feet tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment