Custom Search

Friday, October 9, 2009

Power Charts from Training Peaks



PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT CHART

First up is the Performance Management Chart.  Notice how my Blue line is declining, my Pink line is declining and my Yellow line is rising.  In laymen terms this is what this chart should look like before a major or goal event.  Blue line is my Chronic Load or my level of fatigue for the last 6 weeks.  The Pink line is the amount of stress that I am putting on my body on a weekly basis.  And the Yellow line is the amount of rest or the balance between the stress and the rest -- or adaption to that stress.  It gets more technical than that but you would like to see the Yellow line rising with the Blue line declining so that you are fit and rested for your goal event. 






2009 FURNACE CREEK 508 PART 1


Next up is the first 29 hours and 50 minutes of my Power Tap download into TraningPeaks software.  The CPU memory is only 30 hours so I have to use two CPU's.  I guess they don't expect Ultracyclists to be using power meters for more than 30 hours;)  Well maybe someday I'll get faster at the 508 and won't need to CPU's.  You'll see modest numbers because I had to conserve a lot of energy going through Death Valley not knowing what was looming for the next 200 miles of the course. 





2009 FURNACE CREEK 508 PART 2

And now Part 2.  The remaining 7 hours and 42 mins.  More modest numbers because heck I'm getting tired now;) 

But what about this number 15,758 kjs-- yeah that's huge!

kjs are like calories and significantly more accurate measurement of energy expenditure when taken from your power meter than when taken from your heartrate monitor calorie calculator.  My guess is those looking at their heartrate data might have as much as 20,000 calories on their watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment