Custom Search

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I thought I PR'd Newport Coast Dr

I did hill repeats on Newport Coast Dr today.  Newport Coast Dr is the local hill riders do their repeats.  The  grade is a little steeper at the bottom (1/8 mile) and then settles in around 6.5% grade.  The hill is 1.5 miles with 450 feet of gain. On one of my repeats (last one) I was feeling pretty good so I "punched it".  My goal was to hold 310Watts - 320 Watts (held 314W). I thought I had PR'd (Personal Record) but in fact I was about 5 seconds slower.  As many of you know my hard drive on my PC is not working so I have to set all new benchmarks.  It turns out that 7:26 to climb the hill is actually 5 seconds slower than my actual PR.

The climb was a solo effort.  I believe I am capable of a faster time if I was with a group of riders.  I am hopeful that  I will best the 7:21 PR in the coming months.

Today's weight 149.5 lbs or 67.81 kg

314 W divided by 67.81kg = 4.63 w/kg


Screen shot of my Power Tap download on Training Peaks wko 3.0
02/20/10 




Screen shot from Power Agent
03/08/08

No comments:

Post a Comment